Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's official - Montgomery & AUM here I come!

So it's official. I'm moving to Montgomery. I met with my landlord today, he is a great guy. He invited me to his home where I met his son and his father. He invited me in, we discussed the lease and then he offered me a late lunch. It just so happened I was a little weak because I was running around and forgot to eat, so his wife's delicious roast beef really hit the spot. They are a great christian family, and I am very blessed to now be associated with them.
 
Prior to meeting with my landlord I met with my temporary academic advisor at Auburn Univeristy Montgomery. He was really nice and helpful, and was able to get me going with what classes I should start off taking. I will be taking Intro to Public Administration and Administration of Nonprofit Organizations. These classes will go towards a  MPA with a conce ntration. What that means is I will take 36 hours of classes total, and if all goes well, I'll have a masters degree in Public Administration and a certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership.
 
On a side note, I was also accepted into Auburn Univeristy today. It's great news, but unfortunately I must defer for the time being since I'll be in Montgomery. If it could work out I would love to take at least one communications class in the spring because I would still love to persue a masters in communications, but we'll have to see how things work out between now and then.
 
With a new city, comes a new school, new friendships, new experiences, and new challenges. I am very excited about what is in store.
 
That's all for now, I must head to bed so I can get up and head to the office tomorrow.
 
T.J. Martin
Opelika, AL
tjmartin.org

No comments:

Post a Comment